Wednesday, June 21, 2023

 

A small catch up from 2015 until now in 2023.


It’s been many years since I’ve updated this blog. Today felt like a good day to start it back up. I enjoy documenting the highlights of our family. Many things have happened since my last post. We bought bought a home with 20 acres in November of 2015, and a few years a later we acquired another 43 acres. In 2020, we took a little over 30 acres and planted them in pecan trees. We attempted cattle, but that was not for us. We also have adopted quite the little funny farm. Currently, in 2023 our animal farm has 4 dogs, 5 cats, 2 donkeys, 4 pigs, 13 chickens, and over 20 ducks. They are a lot of work, but we really love all these critters.

                     




It snowed this year, January 2018. We played all day outside. Snow lasted for 2 days. 




     In 2018, I quit my job at the hospital, we purchased a cupcake bakery on Saint Simons Island called Smallcakes. This was dream of BJ’s. Thankfully, in 2020 we sold it. During this time I enrolled back in school. It is still a goal of mine to finish. In 2019, I receive my associates degree in history from South Georgia State College. 

    Immediately I enrolled at Valdosta State University to get my bachelors degree in secondary education and history. Two major events happened that changed things for me. March of 2020 the world shut down and so did college. I finished the semester, but have not returned… yet.

     Also, in the year of 2020 we welcomed a new addition to the world. August 26, 2020, Charlotte Rose Brooker enter our lives. She came into the world when everything was still on lockdown and so much was unknown. She’s been such a fun, happy girl. Lyla has loved being the big sister. 

    In 2021, God also gave us another gift. That gift was Blythe Julia Brooker. She came into the world on November 22, 2021. She was a surprise, and I can not even imagine life without her. She completed our little Brooker Bunch. 


Consider this the first half of their Brooker Bunch update. I will do a part 2 soon. ❤️





No comments:

Post a Comment